Saturday 17 June 2017

The cosmic library of Gianni Sposito





I really love it when someone requests something unknown that turns out to be fantastic, which is the case with this album, called Cosmo Graffiti, from a library artist (Gianni Sposito) I had never heard about.  His works being rare are almost prohibitively expensive, although at least one was released to CD.  The track on youtube called Wood is from a 1989 release called Sirens, now why the heck would that one not be available on CD? Anyways, as with the other Gianni, last name Marchetti, I hope to someday present some more from this artist to you on this blog.

And what I love even more is when something has a space theme since it brings me way back to childhood and, as I said numerous times before, the dreams of leaving the Earth and exploring the solar system, the galaxy, which we were promised by NASA, SciFi TV, and other US propaganda so long ago...  Straightaway the first track sets the tone with its digital dialing telephone beeping:






And in some places this reminds me of Alan Hawkshaw's big masterpiece (for me) 1979's Frontiers of Science. which I think I uploaded some time ago in the comments section in response to a request for good library albums, but which I can reupload easily at any time.  As well, the Teddy Lasry resemblance is sometimes striking, particularly when he gets into the repeated note drumming.


16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this treasure and your apt introduction. It's amazing how you always find the right words and references for your posts. Nuff said: I need the Hawkshaw LP, too...,-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan Hawkshaw's brilliant Frontiers of Science:

      http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/8OyXBBZp/file.html

      Delete
    2. Many thanks for this one, too!

      Delete
  3. thank you! looking forward to checking this out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I wonder do you have also Gianni Sposito ‎– Strumentali: The Sirens ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Thank you so much.
    Dyo
    Aussieland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely posts, lots of nice music I don't know, but now I do :-) Beautiful, this Gianni Sposito !
    Greetings from Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to hear this in lossless, any chance you can help out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Longtime fan here just wondering if you could re-up this when you get a chance? Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete